This blog post explains how to install the Hungarian spell checking, hyphenation and synonyms extensions to OpenOffice 3.x and LibreOffice 3.x.
- Install OpenOffice 3.x or LibreOffice 3.x.
- Download the most recent and relevant .oxt file from http://code.google.com/p/openscope/wiki/DictHuOxt with your web browser.
- The web browser will start OpenOffice or LibreOffice for you, and it will install the extension.
- Exit from OpenOffice and LibreOffice, and start it again.
- To try the spell checker, type the word hejtelen into Writer, select it, and in Format / Character specify Hungarian as the language. The spell checker will mark it as incorrect (by underlining it with a wavy red line) and it will suggest helytelen as the fix.
- To try the automatic hyphenation, type the word meggyültetvény, repeat it about a 100 times, select all, in Format / Character specify Hungarian as the language, and in Format / Paragraph enable automatic hyphenation. The hyphenator will hyphenate the word like meggy-ül-tet-vény.
- There are many related extensions you can optionally install. Don't be afraid to install OpenOffice extensions to LibreOffice. They usually work.
- Hungarian grammar checker: http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/magyar-mondatellenorzo
- Text generation for numbers (Numbertext): http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/numbertext-1
- Linux Libertine G and Linux Biolinum G fonts: http://numbertext.org/linux/
- Typography toolbar: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/typo
- Graphite font extension: http://www.thanlwinsoft.org/GraphiteOOoExt/
The most important contribution of this blog post is the http://code.google.com/p/openscope/wiki/DictHuOxt link above, which is very hard to find with web search engines.